Monday, February 21, 2011

Pizza Penance

Last night, my wife brought a pizza home when she when she got off work at Ciro's.  Her parent's started the restaurant back in the 60's and sold it when they retired.  It then was sold again to an absentee owner but now the second owner got it back and my wife's helping them return the place back to its former glory.  It's a long story and I won't get into it but I wanted to see if the pizza had returned to how it was back in the day, when they won Best Pizza in the Desert Sun poll every year.

Now, I have been very good with following my diet since the beginning of the year.  No sugar, no starches, lots of vegetables, limited fats.   It's paid off.  I've lost weight and I feel better.  But, I've got to tell you, that pizza was GOOD.  So good, in fact, that when no one was looking, I had a second piece...and a third.  I felt like Jimmy Swaggert after a night with a hooker.  "I have sinned, oh Lord".

This morning, I set out to do penance.  I've been busy on my days off lately and I won't be able to get out hiking on my next day off so I had to do something.  So, this morning before the kids got out of bed I went out for a run.  I wasn't long--only a mile--and it wasn't fast--around nine minutes--but it helped me escape my Pizza Purgatory.  I have been redeemed!

While certainly not as satisfying and enriching as a long hike in a rugged wilderness, my run was quite enjoyable.  I am going to have to add similar fun runs to my regular agenda.  Of course, how regularly I run will all depend on how often my wife brings pizza home from work.  A man can only resist temptation for so long.

1 comment:

  1. Nice guide thank you!/ I love it! very creative! That's actually really cool Thanks.

    Pizza Equipment

    ReplyDelete