Monday, January 3, 2011

Cutting the Crap

I won't be able to get out and do my first hike of the year until later this week but I've started eating better. For the first three days it hasn't been too difficult.  Of course, it's only been three days.

The first thing I got rid of was soda.  I don't drink a lot of it but at work I usually have one at lunch.  Now I drink water with a little lemon and I like it.  

Candy was next to go.  After lunch I usually get a candy bar to enjoy so I decided to cut that out.  Instead I'm snacking on nuts.  Today I put money in a vending machine to get some peanuts and it wouldn't work properly so I had to buy M&Ms.  I gave them to a co-worker.

I said a long goodbye to junk food.  Men love fast food restaurants.  I am not the only one.  But most of what you can get in a fast food joint is garbage and I won't lose a pound if I continue to make trips to Del Taco, Carl's Jr., Taco Bell, In N Out and the rest.  It's easy, convenient and deadly.  Since I'm not ready to die yet, no junk for me...at least for now.

There are so many other things I have to get rid of that it'll take me a while to think of them all.  I'll let you know when I do.

I'm also thinking about doing some running but so far that hasn't made it past the "thinking about it" stage.

So far it's been easy and I can't wait to actually do some hiking.

No comments:

Post a Comment