Saturday, January 1, 2011

A BIG challenge ahead

So today starts my effort to get back into shape and use hiking as my primary form of exercise.  Oh, I'll also do some running, some exercising and some dieting but it's the hiking I love.  Besides, who would want to read or write a blog called Dieting Into Shape?

Today, dieting was all I was able to do since I worked until 2 A.M. last night and had to be back at work at 10 this morning.  I had a cafe latte for breakfast, a fajita salad for lunch and Eggplant for dinner.  I really want to have some cookies or chocolate or ice cream but won't indulge in any of my favorite vices until I'm able to do a long enough hike to burn the extra calories off.

So we know where I'm starting, I weighed myself and can officially report I am now the heaviest I have been in my entire life.  I've got a long road (or trail) ahead of me to get to where I want to be but you've got to start somewhere.  But, as the old sports cliche goes, it's not how you start, it's how you finish.


Because the starting point ain't pretty.

2 comments:

  1. Only a man or a masochistic woman would post their weight! Ain't nobody knowing mine. I'll let you know when I lose 50 plus lbs only.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck to you! Your blogs inspire more people than you realize :)

    ReplyDelete