Monday, December 13, 2010

Why Wait?

I've shared with a few friends my plan to hike, run and diet myself back into shape and they've asked me, "Why wait to start until the first of the year?".  It makes sense to start my challenge early because I'm already starting to get out on the trail more and it wouldn't hurt to lose a few pounds--or fifty.

There's one reason I'm not starting now.  My wife.  She makes so many holiday goodies it would be beyond my ability to refrain.  



These bags of peanut brittle are just some of the things she makes during the Christmas season.  There are also cookies, cupcakes, homemade almond roc, fudge, caramel corn and a host of other wonderful treats that the love of my life cooks up in the kitchen.  I don't want to start dieting and then quit so I'm waiting to start until temptation fades.  After Christmas is over she's get out of the holiday mood and I'll be safe.  I hope.

Until then, I'm feasting.



No comments:

Post a Comment