Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Birthday Greetings

OK, so this hasn't quite turned out how I hoped it would.  It's my birthday today so I'm really feeling old.  I haven't been doing any hiking and I figured it was a good time to tell everyone why.

First, I got really busy at work and didn't have the time to go out and do any interesting hikes.  It's not like when I was hiking every day and I'd post whenever I hiked whether I had anything to say or not.  Here I only wanted to write if I had something to say.

Then, I got an ingrown toenail and it was killing me just to walk.  I hate going to the doctor so I avoided that and just suffered.  That wasn't a good idea because my hobbling caused my back to go out and now I'm suffering from Sciatica, which is intensely painful and doesn't make me want to go hiking any time soon.  But I think the back is starting to get better and the heat of the desert is filling me with desire to head up to the mountains ASAP.

I'm putting a date on July 1 to hopefully get started again.  Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck, Hal! The warranty runs out at 40. Hope you had a great birthday!

    ReplyDelete